Monday, February 06, 2006

Scene 8

On the way home, Thea tried to tell her mom what was happening at school, but she seemed distracted. Thea gave up trying to talk before she got to the part where she had left the school. Thea didn't know what the deal was with her parents. They had been acting weird since announcing The Big Move [to Hell] as Thea had begun calling this particular chapter in her life.

Her parents had always been good, loving parents. They weren't the Cleavers, but Thea had always known they loved her, and had felt like she could tell them anything. That was one thing she had that her friends hadn't. The twins and Angela had always been on their own when it came to family support. They had often talked about how they felt like they were just tolerated by their parents. Thea could never relate with her friends' feelings until now.

She felt like her parents were watching her, but that they weren't part of her life any more.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh! It's 2:30 in the freaking morning, and the two year old is awake again! Sorry guys, this is gonna have to wait until tomorrow, I'm afraid.

2 comments:

Shelbi said...

Hey Bob,
I didn't tell him, but I let him read it [evil grin]. He laughed and said, "Now that's funny."

My boy's a dork, what can I say?

lindsay said...

Hey - did I hurt your feelings at church tonight when I said Jori had your "disease." I have faith in you. You can FINISH THIS NOVEL. If you don't Thea dies. That makes me too sad. I think that is something that carries over from my childhood - every inanimate object had a life and personality. Like with numbers - Two is a very friendly number, three is mischevious, nine is evil, six is a girl, four is very even tempered and bland . . . I know, I'm strange. My only point, THEA MUST LIVE!!! SAVE THE THEA!!!